Saturday, January 26, 2008

Jane Austen...

Just watched two movies, adapted from Persuasion and Northanger Abbey. They played on PBS during the weeks when I was studying for finals, so my mom taped them for me and I watched them both today.



The boy is cute. >___<
Apologies for the crappy picture.


I thought Northanger Abbey was the more amusing of the two. Persuasion was superly good too, but in a different way. It just felt a little bit sadder, to me. But the woman who played Anne was amazing.
I'm sorry if this is stupid, but I like the movie adaptions better than the books. I mean, the dancing! The gorgeous men! The dresses! The music! The breathtaking landscape! Movies just do it for me better, in this case.

2 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Northanger Abbey was more entertaining, the book was quite thrilling, but it definitely wasn't one of Austen's literary triumphs. There is something thrilling about seeing the scenes acted and the movies are well done.

Riot Nrrd said...

I agree...